Posted By Melissa Bumstead on January 16, 2019
Being healthy is always my number one priority. When I’m healthy my energy levels are high, my sleep quality is good, my training intensity is where it needs to be, my digestion is regular. When all of this is in check, it definitely shows in my physique as well as in my performance in the gym.
When learning about our wellness line I discovered so many ingredients that are in our products that I had never even heard of. These ingredients are key to my overall health and ensure that all the work that I do day in and day out, inside and out of the gym, is actually worth it.
I think it is so important to take care of my internal health, especially when I’m working towards goals in the gym and growing my physique so everyday I use Fibre+, Grazed, Heart+, and Liver+
Below are 10 ingredients that set our wellness line apart and contribute to overall health and ALL OF THE GAINS!
RUMINANT™ Fiber Blend (found in Fiber+)
– What is it? Natural sources of soluble and insoluble fibre
– What does it do? Leads to normalised bowel movements, lower blood pressure, improved balance of “good to bad” cholesterol, and stabilised blood sugar levels.
ProBio-Gest Blend (found in Fibre+)
– What is it? 12 strains of probiotics
– What does it do? Improves gut flora, strengthens the immune system, and compliments the welcome addition of fibre to your diet.
BCAA’s in the elusive 8:1:1 ratio (found in Grazed)
– What is it? 4g per serving of instantized L-Leucine
– What does it do? Enhances recovery, restores depleted amino acid levels and supports muscular development.
Kale, Spirulina & Icelandic Kelp Powder (found in Grazed)
– What do they do? Help control acidity & unbalanced pH levels in the body thus positively influencing health, mental well-being and muscle recovery.
Training Defence Blend (found in Grazed)
– What is it? Natural pomegranate and vitamin c
– What does it do? Helps your body’s natural immune responses
Key vitamins & minerals that can be difficult to obtain through the diet. (found in Heart+)
– What are they? Vitamin D3, Zinc & Magnesium, C3 Curcumin Extract®, Benolea EFLA943®, Bioperine® , Hawthorn Berry Extract, Guggul Lipid & Kaneka biqionol® COQ10
– What do they do? play a fundamental role in the repair of the body’s nerves and cells as well as cleansing the system of harmful toxins that can be difficult to obtain through the diet.
Antioxidants (found in Liver+)
– What are they? Milk Thistle, N-Acetyl Cysteine, White Peony
– What do they do? Improve the livers functioning, help with the synthesis of proteins, detoxify chemicals into less harmful compounds, boost the body’s immune functioning, relieve aches and pains in the liver (ideal for those who use advanced supplementation, have high protein diets or expose the liver to harsh toxins that cause additional stress)
Tumeric (found in Heart+ and Liver+)
– What is it? The active ingredient within Tumeric is curcumin
– What does it do? Aids in immune functioning and aids in the reduction of toxins within the liver, heart and lungs. It also has very powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour and antioxidant properties.
Dandelion Root (found in Liver+)
– What does it do?– Aids in the functioning of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and spleen
Artichoke Extract (found in Liver+)
– What does it do? Improves the functioning of major organs within the body, strengthens the liver and brings about healing by regenerating the liver cells. It also has a positive effect on the digestive system by encouraging the production of bile to help digest fats and help the liver remove toxins.
All the ingredients in the AD Wellness line are carefully thought out and dosed and each product combines key ingredients into one pill for ease. Remember to take care of your body so all of that work you put into the gym and into your diet can show! These products can help assimilate nutrients in the body, balance hormones, and combat infections; all things necessary when building your dream physique. I truly believe that your internal health shows from the inside out!
A Note On Gut Microbiome Health
It’s actually incredible how much the health and balance of your gut microbiota (the thousands of tiny microorganisms, bacteria, virus and so on) that inhibit your gastrointestinal tract (GI) impacts both the body and the brain (through the complex interaction of the gut-brain axis). This network of living bacteria communicate and signal the brain which in turn results in energy, mood and emotional outputs.
Maintaining optimal gut health and increases the balance of positive ‘good’ gut bacteria over negative and harmful ‘bad’ good bacteria is genuinely so important – and such a massive emerging field of research; we’re just scraping the tip of the iceberg.
Through advances in science, testing your gut microbiome is now accessible and affordable, with gut microbiome testing now being offered to you at home. Samples are sent to high tech laboratories and results can be accesses, assessed and compared to cross population statistics. Testing your gut microbiome and making quick changes to your nutrition and lifestyle habits is an extremely powerful tool to allow you to achieve optimal health.
We’d strongly urge you to take a look at how the health of your gut might be impacting your performance and your mental health. If you do get a chance, and give it a go, let us know how you get on.